• 7 hours, 44 minutes ago

Members

Introduce Yourself!!

24 voices
32 replies
  • Author
      Nyx
      Participant

Welcome Every Barbie!! This forum section is where you can intruduce yourself!! Please only share whatever you’re comfortable with. Examples of things you can share:

• Preferred Name:
        • Preferred Pronouns:
        • Age Catagory: 12-19, 20-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 80+
        • Country/Continent:
        • Hobbies & More!!

I’ll Start:

• Preferred Name: Nyx
        • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
        • Age Catagory: 20-30
        • Hobbies: Toy Collecting, Music, Theater, Sewing & Crafting
        Brick
        Keymaster

Hello friends! I’m so excited to see all the Barbie posts- I always learn something new from Barbie collectors!!
          Preferred Name: Brooke
          Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
          Age Category: 20-30
          Country/Continent: USA
          Hobbies: Collecting, cosplay, dance and mermaiding!

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Brick.

Hi friends!!

melo
          Participant

barbie has a lot of sentimental value for me. even though they’re not a main collection for me, i’d love to collect more in the future, especially 1990s-2000s barbies (and some 2010s too, glue head and all haha)

Preferred Name: melo
            Preferred Pronouns: she/her
            Age Category: 18
            Hobbies: nerd stuff – music, self hosting, web design, image editing, toy collecting, and more

Mitzi
            Participant

Preferred Name: Mitzi
              Preferred Pronouns: She/her
              Age Category: 20-30 (I’m 24)
              Country/Continent: Australia
              Hobbies — Aside from collecting, playing with and window shopping for dolls, I am also passionate about reading, writing, my work as a library assistant and watching my soap opera of choice, Neighbours πŸ™‚ I’ve been a barbie enjoyer my entire life, but admittedly it’s always been more about the dolls than the movies for me so I’m very excited to learn more about what i’ve missed πŸ™‚

hey does anyone want to go to chuckie cheese with me?

Kassandra
                Participant

Hi Mitzi! Your signature message has me absolutely tickled, Chuck-E Cheese always makes me so nostalgic! Defunct theme park and theme park adjacent history is one of my favorite things to learn about and I actually watched a fascinating video about the history of Chuck-E cheese on YT the other day (it’s by Yesterworld if you wanted to watch). That’s also so cool that you work as a library assistant! Do you have any doll-related books to rec?

Pixie Hollow, Mother Dove, the home we cherish, the one we love πŸ’–

Lala <3
                Participant

Preferred Name: Lala
                  Preferred Pronouns: Any I don’t mind use wtv
                  Country/Continent: Australia / Oceania? : Australia
                  Hobbies & More!! I enjoy crocheting, Collecting dolls :<, Baking and Duolingo!

I have been a Barbie “enjoyer?” since I was around 4, and she has played a big part in my life, mainly as a Monster-High person but Barbie will forever hold a place in my heart <3

<3

Daria
                  Participant

Hello!

Preferred Name: Daria
                    Age Catagory: 20-30
                    Country/Continent: Poland/ Europe
                    Hobbies: collecting dolls, learning foreign languages (English, German) ,watching movies, TV shows and RuPaul’s Drag Race.

Ia
                    Participant

Preferred Name: Ia
                      Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
                      Hobbies: aside from dolls I also love vintage toy lines such as Care Bears and MLP. I like cooking and baking, and am learning to sew. I also have an interest in historical fashion (especially early-mid 20th century fashions), as well as lolita fashion.

Kukolka
                      Participant

Hi~!

Preferred Name: Kukolka or Coco
                        Hobbies: Collecting, sewing clothes, making 1:6 scale furniture and accessories, setting up scenes; also gaming and roleplay.

I got my first Barbie when I was 4. They inspired or took roles in a lot of my writing as a child. In high school I started collecting medieval and fantasy themed dolls and displayed them in my room. None of them came with me to college. When I got my first full-time job and own apartment, I displayed them (all deboxed by then) on stands on my bedroom floor, and later in bookcases in the living room.

In 2012 I got into customizing, and the articulated dolls got all the attention. Then in 2015 with the release of Made to Move, Barbie became relevant again. Work keeps me super busy, and for the past few years I’ve focused on gaming and roleplay, neglecting my dolls. But this year I’m in the process of rearranging the craft room to have a dedicated, organised space with good lighting to leave up room displays, without disturbing the sewing/painting table. And I just got back to crafting last month. My overall hobby goal is to have time and energy to keep up with both roleplay and doll stuff regularly. πŸ™‚

TotallyJazzie
                          Participant

Hi Coco!

First of all, is your profile picture of a doll you customized? If so, I love your talents. I hope that you can customize your dolls more often in the future because it’s truly the coolest hobby. I can’t even remember my first Barbie, but I had to be roughly 2 or 3 years old when I started playing with them. I love creating characters and stories with my dolls. Although, I admit I’m pretty vanilla, compare to your fantasy themes~ Good luck to your craft room and your customization dreams!

I enjoy your post so much~!

Jazzie~

Kukolka
                              Participant

Hi Jasmine!
                                Thank you for the compliment! Yes, my profile pic is an Obitsu W-02 head that came blank, and I rooted and did the faceup to match the original version of an MMO character. Generation Girl, S.I.S., and Fashion Fever were some of my favourites too, that era had such quality outfits for playline!

Beata
                            Participant

Hello!

Preferred Name: Beata

Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Age Catagory: 20-30

Hobbies: Doll Collecting, Japanese Pop Culture, mostly Music

It’s my first time actually interacting with any kind of doll community and I’m so excited to be here! I’ve only really started collecting dolls as an adult when I could afford them myself with my own money but I’ve been fascinated by them for a long time. My favorite Barbie era is around 2009 and 2012, the more pink the better!

Kyupikon
                              Participant

Preferred Name: Kyupikon
                                Preferred Pronouns: She/her or they/them
                                Age Category: 31-40
                                Hobbies: Collecting, art, games (especially The Sims).

My love for Barbie has started to come back recently. Lately I find myself wanting to collect all the holiday Barbs I missed out on. Also my holy grail Barbie is is Jewel Hair Mermaid Barbie. I used to own her as a kid and like a year ago found her tail (and nothing else) deep in my closet. I’ll buy her again someday.

Bridget
                                Participant

hello πŸ™‚

Preferred Name: Bridget (you can call me bridie or bri too)
                                  Preferred Pronouns: she/they
                                  Age Catagory: Β 20-30 (I’m 20! :D)
                                  Hobbies: watching tv (lol), collecting, learning about doll lines and toy lines, listening to music (+ stanning artists), playing and making music (sometimes), writing (sometimes), art (sometimes), customizing dolls, and mlp, and psychology

Barbie has been my number one like my whole life so I’m excited to meet more people in the community!

TotallyJazzie
                                    Participant

Hi Bridget!

I love deep-diving into new topics such as doll collecting and becoming an experienced enthusiast just like you! That is why Barbie is one of my favorite doll brands because Barbie’s history is expansive and fun. I love learning about the different head sculpts, fashion eras, and Barbie characters’ lore. I’m also interested in learning about the instrument/ the music you make. What genre(s) of music do you like? Same question for music artists.

Reply if you like~

Jazzie~

Bridget
                                        Participant

Hi! glad we share those interests!

I play flute and piano but it has been awhile. I’ve wrote lyrics a lot and tried writing piano music before, but nothing too much yet. I like pop, and currently folk rock a lot. Some of my favourite artists are Avril Lavigne, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, Marina, The Monkeys, and Simon & Garfunkel but I have a lot of other faves too.

Megan
                                      Participant

Hi everyone!

Preferred Name: Megan

Hobbies: Collecting, crafting, cosplay/sewing, reading, music, TV/movies, writing, games.

I’m so excited to get to know more Barbie fans!

Drewl
                                        Participant

Preferred Name: Drewl

Preferred pronouns: they/them

Hobbies: doll collecting, writing, sewing, and I also love learning about history

attau
                                          Participant

Preferred Name: attau
                                            Hobbies: I love to draw and clean up old dolls!

HI! So excited to be with other barbie fans!! My fav barbie is: 1981 Pink N Pretty Barbie πŸ˜€

Phantom
                                            Participant

Preferred Name: Phantom
                                              Preferred Pronouns: They/He/she
                                              Hobbies & More!! Dolls! Especially Barbie Fashionistas! I also love cartoons including Steven Universe, The Owl House, and Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I really want to make my own dolls and doll clothes but its not easy with my hand tremors. I play Sims 4, Animal Crossing New Horizons, and Love Nikki a mobile dress up game.

TotallyJazzie
                                                Participant

Hi Phantom!

After reading your post I got really excited about all the hobbies we have in common! Firstly, who are your favorite Barbie fashionista(s) I totally had to google the numbers again, but my favorites are Ken#05, Ken #12 #16, Ken#17, #89 #90, & #110. From the original fashionista era, I love the 2010 Barbie Sporty doll. I love Animal Crossing and have been a long-time fan of the franchise since early childhood. Currently, I have 2 Animal Crossing New Horizons islands. But only one of them is complete.

Anywho, it was fun to read your introduction, and feel free to reply back~

Jazzie~

Phantom
                                                    Participant

Hi Jasmine!

I also started collecting Barbie in 2016! My favorite Fashionistas are 135, 150, 166, and 189! I’m actually working on getting all the Fashionistas up the website! 2021-2023 releases are up already, today I’m working on the 2020 releases. Hopefully they can be linked through the database soon but they can be found through the search bar!

I only have one New Horizons island. Its almost finished I have the landscaping and building where I want, I just need to get more furniture. Which I keep pushing off because I am too busy with Dollect. ?

TotallyJazzie
                                                  Participant

Hi Barbie friends~!

Preferred Name: Jasmine
                                                    Hobbies: Doll collecting, visual arts, crochet, video games, exercise, music, reading, and generally being a nerd~

This is my first official post on this website and I am excited to meet more doll collectors, especially Barbie fans! I am still learning my way through the site, please feel free to leave some tips below~ I started collecting in 2016 with Barbie first, as she is my favorite fashion doll. My favorite Barbie era is between the late 90s and early 2000, such as these doll lines: Generation Girl, Teen Skipper, Cali Girl, Fashion Fever, and So In Style. But of course, I enjoy the modern era due to the diversity in skin tones, head sculpts, and body types.

Feel free to message me~!

– Jasmine *

Jazzie~

Anonymous

Hiya!
                                                      – Preferred Name: Rita
                                                      – Preferred Pronouns: she/her
                                                      – Age Category: 41-50
                                                      – Country/Continent: UK, London
                                                      – Hobbies & More!! Doll collecting mostly, but also a some-time quilt maker, some crochet, indoor plants, astrology/tarot, mysticism, philosophy and other esoteric arts.

I’ve been doll collecting as an adult since 2008 – started with BJD’s and Pullip, then MH, EAH, vintage Sindy, Barbie, Blythe, Dollfie Dream, Smart Doll, Makies and others. So many dolls have come and gone, but none are forgotten.

Dev
                                                      Participant

Preferred Name: Dev
                                                        Age Catagory: 31-40
                                                        Country/Continent: US
                                                        Hobbies & More!!: doll collecting off and on since 1990! I’ve mostly collected Barbies and AG, but I recently got some LOL OMGs from my nieces and found some Bratz, My Scene, and a Moxie Girl at a thrift store! I’d love to add Rainbow High and Shadow High to my collection someday, but for right now I’m still working on restoring what’s left of my childhood Barbies.

I also try to sculpt miniatures for dolls (along with people-sized jewelry) out of polymer clay, and I’m constantly trying to find projects around my place to keep my hands busy. And I love music, astrology, writing, and reading!

peach
                                                          Participant

hi, dev! it is so cool how you have been a collector for so long! what kind of sculptures do you make for your dolls? i have seen people make miniature food and it turns out so well to use as props! i also totally agree, projects can keep your hands busy! i hope you have a great day!

-π“ˆπ“‰π’Άπ“Ž π“…π‘’π’Άπ’Έπ’½π“Ž!🍑 π“’Φ΄ΰ»‹πŸŒ·Ν™Φ’ πŸ‘

Caroline Simoneaux
                                                          Participant

Hi!
                                                            Name: Caroline
                                                            Pronouns: she/her
                                                            Country: USA (Louisiana)
                                                            Hobbies & More!!: doll restoration and hopefully customizing soon! I love thrifting, especially dolls πŸ™‚ I try to get tlc dolls as close to their original state as possible, but I also like restyling and some mild repainting when that isn’t possible.
                                                            I’m in college studying graphic design and I love making sculptures and my own art dolls.
                                                            My favorite decades for vintage dolls are 60s-80s!
                                                            I’m a second gen Barbie collector with many of my childhood barbies coming from my Nana’s 90s collection. As you can probably guess, the 90s collector barbies are some of my favorites, especially the Mackie face dolls!
                                                            The latest Barbies I’ve been interested in are the Extra Minis and Barbie Looks series.

ALL-TIME FAVE BARBIES: Pop Icon Barbie, Legends of Ireland, Avon Victorian Tea, City Seasons, Hallmark Holiday Traditions

Endater
                                                            Participant

Call me Endater, she/her, 21, from the states (the worst one). I draw once every two months and I have the nerve to call myself an artist. I’ve only been collecting for a year now, I have 4 dolls. Out of them, my favorite is Looks #11, but my Dramatic Living Skipper is a close second.

Hello! I’m still figuring out this forum, so forgive the lack off profile picture.

I’m a lady from the Netherlands, age category 25-30, who recently refound her love for Barbies, namely Bridal Barbies (as my name oh-so cleverly implies haha).

But while looking for them online, I found a suprising lack of good, detailed pictures of the wedding dolls, which in turn made me make this account to add a bit to the online picture database. Admittedly I’m not the best photographer, but I hope I can be of service for other bridal-themed collectors and overall Barbie lovers!

My favourite part about collecting the dolls is finally taking them out of the box they’ve been in for years, restoring the whitered away elastics and displaying them in all their glory!

Daisy
                                                              Participant

HiΒ  : )

Preferred Name: Daisy
                                                                Country/Continent: Australia
                                                                Hobbies & More!! I love dolls, I can’t remember when I started collecting them – I just played with them as a kid and never stopped. I have a few 80s Barbies, some My Scene dolls and a lot of 80s-90s dresses. I collect Barbie, Monster High, Rainbow High, LOL OMG, Bratzillaz, La Dee Da and My Scene.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Daisy.
                                                                • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Daisy.

<<33

peach
                                                                Participant

hello, everyone!

name: peach
                                                                  pronouns: she/her/hers
                                                                  age range: 20-30
                                                                  hobbies: i like to sew, play cozy video games, thrift and restore dolls, and watch movies!

i started out with collecting the 2000’s barbie movie dolls, but have since expanded to several different decades going all the way back to 1967 with my twist n turn barbie that i got from a thrift store! now i have her, sunkissed malibu barbie from the early 1970’s, a few misc 80’s barbies, lots of 90’s barbies, and other 2000’s barbies from my childhood that i have either recollected since i had them as a child or received as new additions! i can not wait to get to know some of you more!

-π“ˆπ“‰π’Άπ“Ž π“…π‘’π’Άπ’Έπ’½π“Ž!🍑 π“’Φ΄ΰ»‹πŸŒ·Ν™Φ’ πŸ‘

Kassandra
                                                                  Participant

Hello~!

Name: Kassandra
                                                                    Pronouns: she/her
                                                                    Age Range: 20-30s
                                                                    Country: USA
                                                                    Hobbies: reading poetry, watching horror movies, playing video games, eating new foods, mermaiding at the beach, and, most importantly, sleeping!

The Barbie movie dolls from the mid-2000s were some of the first dolls I ever owned and I still have many of them! I’ve been going through a rough time recently and getting back into dolls has been a comfort and blessing. Looking forward to knowing you all ^^

Pixie Hollow, Mother Dove, the home we cherish, the one we love πŸ’–

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Scroll to Top