Members

My Little Pony generation 1

last updated by Ridi 9 months, 3 weeks ago
2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
      Jobee
      Participant

Who here is old enough to remember MLPg1?  When I was small, I got to see My Little Pony & Friends episodes, and later My Little Pony Tales, on TV.  I still remember their theme songs.  My favorite pony that I had when I was small was a second wave Snuzzle, from the collector’s line.  I loved that little gray pony so much!  I don’t have my original Snuzzle anymore, but she’s been reproduced a few times in recent years by Basic Fun, so I’m happy to have my favorite childhood pony back.

she/her, bi/pan, middle aged cat and doll enthusiast.

Ridi
        Participant

I was obsessed with both the toys and the original cartoon as a kid, and my biggest regret was being born just a few years too late for the ponies that starred in the cartoon to be available in stores. My older siblings had a few that they gave me when they grew out of them, and my favorite was Baby Moondancer because at some point I had seen the special episode she starred in.

Now over three decades later I still love both the show and the toys! My personal collection policy is that I want to try to get most of the ponies that appeared in the cartoon, and I’m well underway, only missing some baby ponies that I’m not entirely sure if I want, and Mimic, who is too expensive. I might attempt a custom one day, but I’m also holding onto the hope that maybe someday there will be a repro.

Currently my favorite pony is Morning Glory! My favorite part of the cartoon is “The End of Flutter Valley” because I had it on VHS as a kid and watched it over and over again. I wanted flutter ponies so bad, but there was no way for me back then to even know what the toys looked like! Now I have the full set of the ponies that appeared in the special, but Morning Glory is my absolute favorite.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Scroll to Top